Information for students who are applying for University during a Gap Year
The school provides one to one support with the UCAS application process even when students are no longer on roll with us. This includes one-to-one meetings about courses and universities, targeted support with writing personal statements and the setting up of practice interviews for Oxbridge & Medicine applicants.
There is a school administration cost of £50 to cover this service or £100 for Oxbridge, Cambridge, Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Studies. Students who previously received a school bursary will be eligible for a reduced rate. Please pay by cheque to Camden School for Girls (with UCAS Application and student name on the back) and give/send to the Finance Department before your UCAS application is sent for approval.
- Please contact the UCAS Advisor Nicola Bayley during September, October or November 2019. She is available throughout the first term to give help with the personal statement and to provide advice on courses and institutions.
- Log in to UCAS 2020 and start an application using the school buzzword: camdengirls2020
- You must make contact with the UCAS Advisor in early September if you intend to put in an application for Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine.
- We will check the accuracy and approve your UCAS form, confirm your qualifications and attach your reference.
- If you intend to re-sit an examination you must register with the exams office by the end of September.
- If you are sitting the UCAT (for Medicine) or the LNAT (for Law), you must register with the test site and book your test independently at a local test centre. It is a good idea to take the UCAT early as results will help to inform your university choices. The deadline for sitting this test is 2 October . The registration deadline for the LNAT (apart from Oxford Law applicants) is 15 January but please do not leave it this late.
- If you need to sit the BMAT (for Medicine) you must register with the exams office by 30 September. The test is sat in school on Wednesday 30 October.
- If you are required to sit Oxford or Cambridge Entrance Exams (most subjects now demand this), register with the exams office by the end of September and sit the test in school on Wednesday 30 October.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
The UCAS office extension is 114, the exams office is 118