This week: Another successful term for the music department.
The music department and the school’s many very talented musicians worked extremely hard through the Autumn Term to entertain us and to demonstrate their performance skills.
Students from the A level classes (including Tyler - who was invited to ask a question) took part in a public debate on ‘Music in the Curriculum: tensions, choices and opportunities’ at City University on Friday 15 November. Representatives from some of the top music conservatoires, universities and schools (including us of course!) were in attendance.
- There was an ERSO Concert on Sunday 24 November in St Martin’s Church featuring our soloists, Chamber Choir and orchestra players.
- The Winter Concert featured the Symphony Orchestra with an incredible string quartet, baroque solo concertos and other solos and duets on 4 December. Click HERE to see the programme.
- In December students provided Carol Singing at Euston with 40 girls in the Junior Voices Choir, at local Health Centre with the year 10 GCSE class and at Highbury and Islington tube station with the 6th Form.
- Year 7 held a Concert on 19 December featuring the whole of year 7 and our junior ensembles.
- There was a series of Tuesday lunchtime masterclasses run by Mr Byers, Jenny Morgan and Ms Gordon where pianists, singers and other soloists and small groups have honed their performance skills.
In addition, we’re delighted that 179 students across the school are taking individual music lessons in a very wide range of instruments.