Camden Learning's Health and Wellbeing Team weekly tips to promote healthy and positive wellbeing amongst the whole school community:
Week 19: 5-minute Self-Head Massage for Relaxation
Try to find time this week to give yourself a five-minute self-massage to relieve stress and to help you relax. You can spend up to 30 seconds on each part.
- Start by rubbing the muscles at the back of your neck and shoulders, with your fingertips.
- Next, use your thumbs to work tiny circles around the base of your skull.
- Slowly massage the rest of your scalp with your fingertips.
- Then tap your fingers against your scalp, moving from the front to the back and then over the sides.
- Now massage your face – start by putting your whole hands over your face and make gentle circular motions.
- Now make a series of tiny circles with your thumbs or fingertips. Pay particular attention to your temples, forehead, and jaw muscles.
- Use your middle fingers to massage the bridge of your nose and work outward over your eyebrows to your temples.
- Finally, close your eyes. Cup your hands loosely over your face and inhale and exhale easily for a short while. Make sure you are breathing from your stomach and that your out-breaths are slightly longer than your in-breaths.