The School Library - Books and lots, lots more...............
- 10,000 items available for loan, mainly books but also videos, CDs and DVDs
- 20+ newspaper and magazine titles
- 16 computers, all connected to the school network. WiFI (filtered) for students with their own devices
- Dedicated areas for silent study and recreational reading
- Unique to CSG - meet the gerbils, our school pets live in the library to provide furry therapy for stressed out students
The school library is situated on the first floor of the Main Building near to the Staff Room. It is open from 8.30am-4.30pm each day.
During lesson time students in Year 7-11 may only use the library as part of a pre-booked lesson or if sent with a "movement card" by their teacher. Students in Years 12 and 13 are welcome to use the library in their study periods, though they should be aware that booked classes have priority. Before school, after school, at break and at lunch time the library is open to all who wish to use it.
At the beginning of the school year, all students are issued with library barcodes. These should be stuck in their planners and produced when borrowing books.
Students in Year 7-11 may borrow up to 6 items at a time. Students in Years 12/13 may borrow up to 10 items at a time. Items are issued for 28 days and prompt return is appreciated. Students with overdue items may be stopped from borrowing further items.
Good behaviour is expected at all times. Shouting, running around and interfering with other students will not be tolerated. No food or drink (except for water) should be consumed in the library. Headphones should be worn when listening to audio material. Mobile phones should be switched off during lessons.
If you need help, remember, Ms Green, our librarian, is always there to help you.