Bursary Payments and Financial Support
16-19 Bursary Fund
The purpose of this allowance is to improve education achievement. To this end good attendance, punctuality, behaviour and application to study are an essential part of receiving this allowance.
The student should adhere to the following:
- Students should hand in the 16-19 Bursary Application form together with any documents requested to the Bursary Officer in S1.
- A Home/School Agreement should be signed by the student. A copy is retained by the student and a copy is kept on file.
- Students must understand and adhere to the criteria used for monthly Bursary payment decisions.
The following criteria must be attained by the student in order to receive their monthly Bursary payment:
- Good attendance (a level of 95% attendance, including authorised absences)
- Good punctuality (no more than two late marks per week)
- Good effort
- Good behaviour
If a ‘no payment’ decision is made you will have the right to appeal.
All absences should be reported to the Sixth Form Attendance Officer on the day by the parent or carer of the student (email@example.com – 0207 482 8232). When arriving late or leaving early students should sign out at the sixth form office.
Please sign and return the Bursary Home/School Agreement together with your 16-19 Bursary Application form and any other documents requested and return them to the Sixth Form Administrator in Office S1 as soon as possible.