Readers of the year awards.
World Book Day was Thursday 1 March. Continuing with our celebrations for the centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918, which gave women over the age of 30 the vote for the first time, the theme of this year’s World Book Day at CSG was books about Women’s History.
During assembly, prizes were presented to the “Readers of the Year”. These awards are given to students who are not only avid readers who make excellent use of the library, but read widely and are prepared to take on demanding literature.
This year’s winners were:
- Year 7 - Isabel 7C and Hafsa 7T
- Year 8 - Freyja 8T and Millicent 8T
- Year 9 - Zahra 9M and Emmanuella 9R
- Year 10 - Madeleine 10M and Maimoona 10R
- Year 11 - Martha 11R and Nina 11M