Book Fair plus more....
PARENTS' FORUM – Sex and the Smartphone Generation: How to Talk Openly with Teenagers
Thanks to everyone who came along to our Parents' Forum this week - we had a great panel of speakers offering different perspectives and advice on Sex and the Smartphone Generation. Watch out for their special advice sheet, and links to the films they showed, in special ParentMail.
CHRISTMAS BOOK FAIR - Saturday 9 December, 1pm - 4pm - DADS & OTHER HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
Our annual traditional Christmas Book Fair is on Saturday 9 December, from 1pm to 4pm. Can you help on the Saturday afternoon? We need just a few more helpers, including:
- 2 dads to provide security on the door, please
- 2 drivers to take unsold books to Oxfam at the end of the afternoon, at about 5pm.
- A few more volunteers to help at the Book Fair generally
If you'd like to help out, even just for an hour or two between 12 noon and 5pm, please email Marina and Jenny on: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
It's a great event to be part of!
We'll also need......
- new and good quality second-hand books please - particularly collector's items and good-as-new books. Parent authors - if you'd like to donate some signed copies of your book to sell, we'd be delighted! Please drop any books to Susan Green in the School Library.
- cakes and mince-pies to sell. The BEST HOME-MADE CAKE will win a free book of your choice! Camden Bakers, we really need your creative skills - and we'll also need lots of shop-bought mince pies, as usual.
Come along and linger at the Book Fair, in our CASCA CAFE-LOUNGE - a serene and well-lit space to read in, with Shiatsu massage, cake and wine. Our FABULOUS RAFFLE will also have dazzling prizes - meals for 2, teas for 2, a new model Kindle, Owl Book Shop voucher, designer handbag, a Brora blanket.....and much more. Don't miss out on our lovely new limited edition BOOK BAGS, exclusive to Camden School for Girls - they've just arrived!
DRAMSTOCK! - Friday 26 January 2018 - calling all parent bands
Our second Dramstock! is in the new year. We'll need parent bands, including some dance-y ones, so we'd love to hear soon if you're in a band and would like to play. Please email Royston on email@example.com
EASYFUNDRAISING - Raise Money for Camden School for Girls When you Shop Online
One of the easiest ways to raise funds to support the school is by signing up to Easyfundraising - the school receives a free donation when you shop on-line with a huge range of over 3,000 retailers. Sign up before you start any internet shopping for Christmas and make it a double present. You can also set up a reminder on your computer to prompts you when you shop with an Easyfundraising supporter. Last year, our Easyfundraisers raised almost £700 for the school. Every little helps! Thanks to everyone who has signed up in the last fortnight!
Follow the link for more details and easy sign-up: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/camdenschoolforgirlslondon
Best wishes and we hope to see you at an event soon!
Imogen, on behalf of the CASCA team (Greg, Imogen, Barbara, Anna, Maia and Harriet)