To celebrate ‘Restart a Heart Day’ on Monday, the Y7s learnt CPR in their PSHE and Science lessons.
To celebrate ‘Restart a Heart Day’ on Monday, the Y7s learnt CPR in their PSHE and Science lessons. All students were trained in how to give chest compressions and rescue breaths, as well as how to use a defibrillator (like the one we have in reception). The school has recently acquired 35 training mannequins, courtesy of the British Heart Foundation, and last week fifteen Y11 students tested them out. Overall, 135 students have used them so far and we hope to roll out this lifesaving training to the rest of the school throughout the year.
The students really enjoyed learning these life-saving skills and left the lesson feeling more confident that they would know what to do if someone is unresponsive and not breathing. Here are some things they said about the lesson:
- It was very helpful, because you never know what might happen. Really helpful! - Sadaf
- It was fun and I'll definitely remember it - Beatrice
- Really cool, didn't know before - Solaris
- I think it was helpful - Suweyda
- Fun and good to know, but awkward!! - Keira
- I really enjoyed it and found it very educational - Maya
- I found it educational and I now know the basics of how to do CPR and what to do if I find that someone has collapsed, Aquila