We Look Forward to Seeing You....
CASCA MEETING - Wednesday 11 October, 6.30pm - all welcome, please come along!
Our first CASCA meeting of the year is on Wednesday 11 October - and we'd love to see you there. It's open to all parents and carers, and we'll have some drinks and snacks. It's a great chance to meet other parents from across the school, and to catch up with the CASCA team. We'll discuss our events coming up, and look at the year ahead. CASCA offers great networking opportunities for parents and carers, as well as fun and sociable activities!
MORE@MORO - SELECT BUT SPECIAL AUCTION ITEMS
We are busy at CASCA preparing for the More@Moro Fundraising Event that we're organising with Sam & Sam Clark at their beautiful restaurant in Exmouth Market next month.
We're now curating items for a ’Select - but very Special’ Auction on the night, to raise much needed funds for the school. In addition to fabulous artworks offered by Cornelia Parker and Jeff McMillan, Sam has offered 'Casa Moro' - a Moro chef to cook for someone at their home; Greg Klerkx a ‘rustic mountain getaway - part of a 15th century rural finca, in the heart of Mallorca’s Serra de Tramuntana, a World Heritage site'.
We have a bread baking workshop with the Swedish Bakery and two Boutique Gin Distilling workshop on offer. Not forgetting something quite unique from the original filming of Trainspotting!
So...if you have something very special that could be offered for Auction on 16 October we'd love to hear from you. It could be a piece of art, some jewellery or cufflinks, or a new designer fashion item, for example. Are you a professional musician who could offer entertainment for a party, or do you have a holiday home you could offer? All the money raised will benefit all the pupils at the school. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
JUMBLE SALE: Saturday 11 November - save the date and save your stuff...
This huge and popular community event is only 6 weeks away. You can help in a couple of ways: by donating stuff to sell on the stalls and/or helping out with the event.
If you're having a post-summer clear out, please put your stuff aside. We'll need:
- adult and children's clothing (no torn or soiled items please)
- bags, shoes, scarves, belts and bric-a-brac
- CDs, DVDs, Records
- books & toys
- electrical goods in good working order and furniture
- yes, we know it's early to be thinking about it, but we'll also need Christmas decorations/cards and unwanted gifts for our Christmas stall
We are going to need a great deal of help to run a great jumble sale. If you're able to help, we'd be delighted to hear from you.
- Friday 10 November: set-up, 2pm - 6pm
- Saturday 11 November: tidying up, 10am - 1pm
- Saturday 11 November..... selling on stalls, 2pm to 4pm (arrival by 1.15pm)
- Saturday 11 November - tidying up, from 4pm
Please email Mary if you can help out at any of these times: email@example.com
60 FOR 60
The school building works are well underway, and your generous donations to 60 for 60 are already paying for some chairs, tables, benches, ceiling tiles and even some kitchen equipment. If you haven't donated, but would like to support the school in this important venture, you can do so via JustGiving and ParentPay. Please see the leaflet for more information.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- CASCA Open Meeting: Wednesday 11 October 2017
- More@Moro fundraising evening: Monday 16 October
- Jumble Sale: Saturday 11 November 2017
- Parents' Forum: Tuesday 28 November 2017
- Book Fair: Saturday 9 December 2017
- Dramstock!: Friday 26 January 2018 (yes, next term, but we're starting to plan and need parent bands, so we'd love to hear soon if you're in one!)
Best wishes and we hope to see you on Wednesday 11 October at the CASCA meeting.
Greg, Imogen, Barbara, Anna, Maia and Harriet