Jumble and Parents' Forum, plus more....
ENORMOUS JUMBLE SALE - FINAL CALL FOR JUMBLE PLEASE!
Our fabulous Jumble Sale is JUST A WEEK AWAY on Saturday 11 November (2- 4pm) - and we urgently need more jumble to make it a brilliant community event! Thank you very much to everyone who has already sent in items.
But....we are very short of the following...Why not clear out some things this weekend to support the school, and get your children to do the same? We need:
- Adult and children's clothing (nothing soiled or torn please)
- Bric-a-brac and Toys
- Jewellery and Bags
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Electrical items (in good working order only)
- Unwanted gifts and unused Christmas cards
- Coat hangers and carrier bags
DEADLINE: please bring all items to the school by 6pm next Friday 10 November.
We will need lots and lots of cakes for the day. Please bring or send them to the school by 12 noon on Saturday 11 November (you can also bring them in on the Friday afternoon).
HELP still needed...
We still need more helpers please, for the following times. Please sign up, as we can't do this without you!
- Friday 3pm - 6pm: set-up
- Saturday 10am - 1pm: tidy-up
- Saturday 2pm - 4pm: selling (please arrive by 1.15pm)
- Saturday 4pm - 6pm: the big clear up
Dads.....please lend a hand on Friday afternoon, or on Saturday
We really need some more Dads to come on board and help with moving jumble on the Friday afternoon, and proving security on the gate on Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon.
If you need help to get your jumble in we can arrange a pick-up for you. For pick-up or to sign up to help, please contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENTS' FORUM - Sex and the Smartphone Generation: How to Talk Openly with Teenagers
Tuesday 28 November 2017, 7pm - 8.30pm (with bar from 6.30pm)
Today’s kids are navigating pressures from social media, sexting and readily accessible porn that we as parents never had to contend with at their age – and (unbelievable as it may sound) they look to us as a kind of moral compass. The best way to shore up their resilience is by being as open as possible, and by talking with them early and often.
But having the conversation doesn’t always come easily. Come along to our topical Parents' Forum to find out more - we have a great line up!
MORE@MORO - last raffle prizes to be claimed!
We've not yet heard from the winners of the Urban Calm Teen Yoga voucher (B1) or the lovely holiday home in Languedoc (C6). If you hold the voucher you received on the night, please email Imogen at: email@example.com.
Best wishes, and we hope to see you at an event soon!
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Jumble Sale: Saturday 11 November 2017, 2pm - 4pm
- Parents' Forum: Tuesday 28 November 2017, 7pm- 8.30pm (bar from 6.30pm) on Sex and the Smartphone Generation: How to Talk Openly with Teenagers (a panel discussion for parents)
- Book Fair: Saturday 9 December 2017
- Dramstock!: Friday 26 January 2018 - we'll need parent bands, so we'd love to hear soon if you're in one!
Greg, Imogen, Barbara, Anna, Maia and Harriet