We Look Forward to Seeing You....
Thank you to everyone who came along to the CASCA meeting - it was great to see so many new faces. It's wonderful how much experience and talent we have among our parent community - thanks too for all the ideas! We now have quite a few new volunteers for our CASCA events. It was also nice to see so many new parents meeting others from across their year group.
MORE@MORO - thanks and more....
We're looking forward to our special fundraising event on Monday night at Moro, and to welcoming guests from 6.45pm. We have a fabulous evening planned with delicious, Moorish food and wine; busking on Exmouth market by enterprising CSG musicians...plus great company and an amazing Auction and Raffle. We're delighted to have a full house, including parents and carers, former CSG students, governors and other friends of the school.
Thank you so much to everyone who has so generously donated such fabulous gifts for the More@Moro Auction and Raffle. These include significant works by Antony Gormley, Cornelia Parker, Jeff McMillan and Dario Mitidieri; unique holiday home stays in lovely parts of France, Spain and South America; a beautiful piece of jewellery by the talented Flora Bhattachary; and some very special experiences including Casa Moro - a Moro chef to cook in your home, tickets to David Baddiel's 5-star show My Family: Not the Sitcom, a personal writing session with the author Charlotte Mendelson, LSO concert tickets, a Boutique Gin Distilling workshop, Yoga sessions, a bread baking workshop at the Swedish Bakery – and something quite unique from the set of Trainspotting!
If you are attending, make sure you bring your cheque book for the amazing auction (and cash for the raffle)! All the funds raised will benefit all the pupils at the school.
We recognise that there are limited places for this CASCA event. But....it's part of our year-long 60 for 60 campaign to help furnish all the new school spaces. So, if you can't join in this time, but want to support the school on 60 for 60 anyway, please do so either at the 60 for 60 Just Giving site or via your ParentPay account
JUMBLE SALE: Saturday 11 November (2 - 4pm)
Our wonderful jumble sale is only a month away! We need lots and lots of jumble to make it a fabulous event - and beat the £7,500 we raised last year. You can bring jumble into the school, to reception, from next Monday, 16 October. We'll need:
- adult and children's clothing (no torn or soiled items please)
- bags, shoes, scarves, belts and bric-a-brac
- CDs, DVDs, Records
- books & toys
- electrical goods in good working order and furniture
We'll also need:
- hangers and plastic bags
- cakes, cakes and more cakes....lots of them for our famous afternoon teas, as well as our cake stall - both big hits with our local community
- Christmas decorations/cards and unwanted gifts for our Christmas stall
Thanks to everyone who has already volunteered to help....but we still need more helpers for this enormous jumble sale. If you can assist, we'd love to hear from you - please email Mary if you can help out email@example.com .
- Friday 10 Nov, 2pm - 6pm: setting up
- Saturday 11 Nov, 10am - 1pm: tidying up
- Saturday 11 Nov, 1.15pm to 4pm (arrival by 1.15pm): selling on stalls
- Saturday 11 Nov, from 4pm: tidying up afterwards
If you don't have transport, and have big items or a lot of jumble, we can arrange for it to be picked up. Please let Mary know.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- More@Moro fundraising evening: Monday 16 October, 6.45pm
- Jumble Sale: Saturday 11 November 2017, 2pm - 4pm
- Parents' Forum: Tuesday 28 November 2017, on "Having the talk: how to be open with teenagers, sex, porn and sexting"
- Book Fair: Saturday 9 December 2017
- Dramstock!: Friday 26 January 2018 - we'll need parent bands, so we'd love to hear soon if you're in one!
Greg, Imogen, Barbara, Anna, Maia and Harriet